Pregnancy requires one to be in the best health, which is why one should find time to relax. Relaxation on a massage chair during the rigors of pregnancy can provide you with that relaxation through relief. Floridian Brand premium massage chairs help tackle pregnancy woes through therapeutic pain reduction and increasing blood circulation.
IS IT SAFE TO USE A MASSAGE CHAIR DURING PREGNANCY?
Many have debated the use of massage chairs during pregnancy. The reality is that the soothing vibrations produced by a massage chair are not strong enough to affect the unborn child. The vibrations produced by a massage chair are likened to those produced by walking or riding in an automobile. That said, it is a best practice to maintain awareness of vibration settings, ensuring they are not too intense and not endured for an extended time. In summary, low to moderate vibration levels can keep one relaxed, with the unborn child safe.
It is also a best practice to maintain awareness of body temperature during pregnancy. Although tempting, it is advised that one avoid higher temperature settings on the chair’s various heating pads. Low to moderate heat adjustments can elicit a soothing massage, but higher temperatures can produce severe complications for a developing child. (This is why expecting mothers are advised to avoid hot tubs, spas, and steam rooms).
WHY SHOULD YOU USE A MASSAGE CHAIR?
It should go without saying that a premium massage chair is more than a piece of furniture. It is a complex device that is expertly crafted to deliver whole-body wellness. They are designed to pamper and soothe, leaving one to feel rejuvenated after a carefully planned session. More and more women are turning to massage chair therapies to aid them during pregnancy. Here are some of the benefits that women seek:
1. DECREASED STRESS LEVELS
Prenatal massage therapies help maintain hormone levels in the body, resulting in lower stress, anxiety, and depression.
2. REDUCED LEG AND BACK PAIN
It is common to experience pain in the lower legs and back during pregnancy resulting from an expanding uterus that puts increased pressure on the body. A carefully planned massage session can help to ease this pain.
3. IMPROVED BLOOD CIRCULATION
A massage chair helps circulate blood in the upper body, relieving pain and cramps.
4. IMPROVED SLEEP
Many women struggle with restful sleep during pregnancy. A therapeutic massage can help one achieve a deeper, restorative sleep through the chair’s ability to reduce stress, reduce pain, and improve overall blood flow.
WHEN SHOULD PREGNANT WOMEN COMPLETELY AVOID THE USE OF MASSAGE CHAIRS?
Now that we have covered the overall benefits that an expectant mother may achieve through massage chair therapies, we will discuss the situations in which one may need to avoid such treatments altogether.
We need not remind the reader that pregnancy is a very demanding time. Hormonal changes occur regularly, producing uncomfortable bodily changes both physically and emotionally. Certain health conditions may prohibit an expectant mother from utilizing massage chairs altogether. Here are some situations in which the mom-to-be should obtain approval from a health care professional:
- If one experiences a severe headache, massage chair usage should be avoided.
- If the expectant mother has a history of pre-term labor or miscarriage, massage chair usage should be avoided.
- If one experiences edema or extreme swelling, massage chair use is unsafe.
- If pregnancy is deemed high-risk, one must use extreme caution when considering massage chair therapies.
- Suppose one suffers from preeclampsia, a condition where the expectant mother experiences high blood pressure, protein in the urine, and swelling in the legs, feet, and hands. In that case, massage chair use should be avoided.
- If one is obese and has difficulty fitting into a massage chair, it should be avoided.
- If massage chair usage produces any stress, use should be avoided at all costs.
THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE USING MASSAGE CHAIRS
The therapeutic massage chairs are undoubtedly very beneficial, but a few things to keep in mind:
- It is not advisable to use a massage chair during the first trimester. During this period, the body is continually transforming, and chances of miscarriage are very high.
- During the third trimester, an expectant mother should avoid the chair if she cannot fit comfortably (avoid squeezing into the chair).
- Limit the time spent on the massage chair: One should plan to spend no more than 15 to 20 minutes per session on the chair.
- If any underlying health concerns are present, such as swelling, severe headaches, or pre-term labor, one should consult a physician and avoid using a massage chair altogether.
A Floridian Brand premium massage chair may be a tremendous in-home therapeutic aid can be a welcome aid for an expectant mother. That said, one must consult a physician, health care professional, or midwife if any underlying concerns are present. Each pregnancy is unique, so it is crucial to find the best care solutions for both mother and child.